Sunday, October 12, 2008

She's out of control

by Kristin Billerbeck

This was an excellent book in this 3 book series. I'm always interested in how a 2nd book does in a series b/c it's not always easy to wow a reader when it doesn't meet their expectations based on the first book. I can honestly say that I enjoyed this book much more then the other one. She was exhibiting a little more independance in a way, and you can see how she allows God to mold her life.

My first and only negative comment is the fact that this 2nd book (copyright 2004) had a bunch of mispelled words and grammatical errors. I wonder who proofed this edition.

But now onto the meat and potatoes of the book.

You were constantly having your guess as to which guy was going to be THE one for Ashley - if any at all! It swayed from Seth to Kevin back to Seth to her being done with the male (human) population, back to Kevin, then to Seth... all through the book, but in a very logical sequence of events (and not in the order I have listed!). Again, it was so wonderful to see God's word embedded within a very enjoyable story giving it's readers an example of how we are to walk in our faith. I was able to really understand her thought process and how she can doubt so much that's going on in her life, when things just keep getting complicated and uncertain.

Ashley is given a dog as a gift and it's amazingly entertaining how she works to encorporate her new responsibility into her life as a very overworked patent attorney, along with her mind spinning our of control with her uncertain thoughts regarding her life.

She finally figures things out by the end of the book and it's so pleasantly satisfying to know Ashley is finally, totally happy with how things are going.

Now I have to do schoolwork, and then I'll be diving into Book 3 "With This Ring, I'm Confused". It just SOUNDS like Ashley!!!

No comments: